Image: Wykrhm Reddy
The Dota 2 7.22 patch was released just a three days ago, on the 24th of April. We already have a follow-up patch in the form of 7.22b, which affects only six heroes: Clinkz, Dark Willow, Grimstroke, Lycan, Necrophos and Slark. All the changes are listed below.
- Base strength increased by 2
- Searing Arrows damage reduced from 30/40/50/60 to 20/30/40/50
- Searing Arrows manacost reduced from 12 to 6/8/10/12
- Level 15 Talent reduced from +20 Searing Arrows to +15
(2) DARK WILLOW
- Base attack time increased from 1.3 to 1.5
- Shadow Realm damage ramp up time increased from 3 to 4
- Level 25 Talent reduced from +200 Attack Speed to +175
- Scepter illusion incoming damage increased from 200% to 350%
- Scepter illusion duration reduced from 20 to 15
- Scepter wolves gold and xp bounty reduced by half
- Fixed Scepter wolves not gaining crit during Shapeshift
- Heartstopper Aura damage type changed from Pure to Magical (still does not trigger damage events)
- Essence Shift level 4 duration reduced from 120 to 100
For Clink, it is a bit of a mixed situation. Even though damage has been reduced, so has the early mana cost which means more fire arrows. The nerf to Dark WIllow is understandable as her high attack speed with an Aghanim’s Scepter and Shadow Realm can do a lot of damage.
The Grimstroke Scepter illusion did seem extremely strom at first glace, so the change is warranted. But the nerf to Necro seems a bit harsh. With the damage type becoming Magical, it will be 25% less effective due to hero armor not to mention mitigated to a great extent with Pipe. Lycan is the only hero who has gotten a buff in patch 7.22b.
The assumption is these changes were based on the games that happened in the three days between patch 7.22 and patch 7.22b. ESL One Birmingham starts tomorrow and based on how that goes, we can expect the next set of nerfs before the EPICENTER Major.