VPEsports recently had the opportunity to ask the rosters of every Mobile Legends: Bang Bang team competing in the MPL-PH a few questions.
In this interview, we spoke with Rafflesia of Sunsparks who discussed the Flameshot meta, the ranking systems improvement to the game, Fanny, and more.
VPEsports: Is there an up and coming player you think teams should keep an eye out for?
Rafflesia: Jaypee (his teammate).
VPEsports: Which meta was your favorite and why?
Rafflesia: The Flameshot meta, because it was fun shooting at each other every time the spell was available.
VPEsports: What’s your end goal in MLBB?
Rafflesia: The best thing to happen to MLBB was the update to the ranking system, rather than receiving a star, it was changed into receiving points, the more points you have the lower points you receive.
VPEsports: What’s your favorite sport to watch outside of MLBB? What about traditional sports?
Rafflesia: I watch a lot of esports, usually I watch Dota 2 because before I transferred to MLBB I was a player in Dota 2. I also watch some Fortnite clips because I can see that you need great reflexes in Fortnite in order to win the game. The traditional sport I usually watch is poker, in order to win in poker you must have a very good insight in your opponent’s card, luck can also help you in winning but your card reading skills could really help you.
VPEsports: What character do you enjoy playing but needs a buff to play in competitive? What would you change?
Rafflesia: Fanny, before I went into the tank role, my main hero was Fanny. But due to the nerf to Fanny and recently the buff on other heroes, Fanny was forgotten because Fanny can’t fight with other heroes without a buff.
VPEsports: Do you think Mobile esports can reach the same heights as PC? What can put it there or stop it?
Rafflesia: I think mobile esports can challenge PC esports, as you can see we can play anywhere & anytime unlike playing on PC. We are actually on our way to challenge PC esports because most people are now a fan of playing on mobile. The only way to stop it is to update PC esports.
This is one interview in a series VPEsports is doing with all MPL-PH teams. Check out their opinions on MLBB, mobile games, etc., and please stay tuned for more fresh and interesting interviews and stories!:
- SGD Omega tells who the best up & coming players are
- Bren Esports – pheww says mobile esports can match that of PC
- Team BSB says who the best player in Mobile Legends: Bang Bang is & more
- GeekFam wants Fanny to be competitive in MLBB and explains how to fix her – interview
- Blacklist International’s DEX STAR wants the Season 3 meta back; “Even EVOS Indonesia & EVOS SG weren’t able to beat us in scrims”
- Blacklist International coach BON CHAN believes the Mage mid meta: “requires skill, timing, and lots of action rather than farming all day long”
- HONDA BEAST: “My MLBB Journey will be completed if ever we win a championship”
- KIL LER of Blacklist International: “a higher prize pool would really motivate people to strive for MLBB”
- MLBB pro Aqua: “Tuuu is part of the top 100 global players, he is hardworking and can get along the pros”