The long-awaited Patch 1.4 is finally here, the biggest and most important version of Legends of Runeterra we have ever had, packed with balance updates, new personalization items, ranked rewards and a new ranked season, improvements to Masters LP, and a new mode: the Gauntlet.
Riot Games confess they are focusing efforts to address issues or opportunities across groups of cards like Epics, which felt overly expensive or unwieldy to use; or Freljord, where Bilgewater’s steal-from-deck mechanic will work (like others) in a more healthy way by drawing cards from the bottom of the enemy deck, rather than the top.
As we previously introduced, the new limited-time competitive mode with unique deckbuilding rules has come with Patch 1.4, and it will open every Friday through Monday, with each weekend featuring a single format from the Gauntlet rotation.
The first Gauntlet begins June 26 and will use standard deckbuilding rules as Riot Games test-drive the underlying tech; a second type of Gauntlet, Singleton, joins the rotation on July 3 and will challenge us to build a deck using no more than one copy of each card.
Playing Gauntlet will be rewarded with a special icon, while those who make it to seven wins will earn the exclusive Gauntlet Conqueror icon. In the future, more rewards will appear.
Ranked Rewards + New Season
Ranked reward icons will be distributed with Patch 1.4 based on our performance last season, while ranked games will be disabled until 10 am PT, June 24, when the Season of Fortune will begin.
Ranks will be partially reset for the new season:
- Master accounts will drop 800LP (8 divisions).
- Diamond and Platinum accounts will drop 750LP (7 divisions + 50LP).
- Gold and Silver accounts will drop 675LP (6 divisions + 75LP).
- Bronze and Iron accounts will reset to Iron IV.
Masters LP update
From now on, the Master tier will use the LP system rather than one based on ladder position since, before that, it was unclear how much our rank could change in a single game, and losses could feel overly punishing.
Card Updates: Champions
- Darius (Level 2): Health 5 → 6
- Braum: Cost 3 → 4 | Power 0 → 1 | Added text “The first time I survive damage, summon a Mighty Poro”.
- Braum (Level 2): Cost 3 → 4 | Power 0 → 2 |Health 7 → 6
- Anivia: Cost 7 → 6
- Anivia (Level 2): Cost 7 → 6
- Super Mega Death Rocket: Cost 2 → 1
Card Updates: Followers & Spells
- Poro Herder: Cost 4 → 2 | Power 3 → 2 | Health 4 → 3 | New Text
- They who endure: Cost 6 → 7
- She who wanders: Added Keyword “Regeneration”
- Ren Shadowblade: Cost 8 → 4 | Power 6 → 3 | Health 4 → 3 |New Text
- Shadow Fiend
- Basilisk Rider: Health 2 → 3
- Captain Farron: New Text
- Jae Medarda: Cost 8 → 6 | Health 6 → 4 | Power 6 → 4 | New Text
- Escaped Abomination: Health 4 → 3
- Petty Officer: Health 1 → 2
- Mind Meld: Cost 8 → 7
- Dreg Dredgers: Power 2 → 1
- Unyielding Spirit: Spell Speed Burst → Fast
- Genevieve Elmheart: Power 4 → 5 | Health 4 → 5
- Aurora Porealis: Cost 7 → 6
- The Harrowing: Cost 10 → 9
Card Updates: Steal-from-deck cards
- Yordle Gifter.
- Black Market Merchant: Health 2 → 1
- Pilfered Goods.
Apart from all these cards, the new Patch 1.4 brings also more “Card text consistency” and new possibilities of Personalization: Boards like Lee Sin’s Iron Will:
Guardians like Von Yipp:
3 new card backs like The Blind Monk, The Tidal Trickster, and The Bounty Hunter:
3 new emotes:
And the new Lee Sin Bundle: