Valve made considerable updates to Dota Plus and implemented new ways of grinding Dota Plus shards.
Dota Plus subscribers can now use their shards to purchase a new seasonal treasure which contains 12 community-created item sets for Nyx Assassin, Leshrac, Medusa, Vengeful Spirit, Weaver, Clockwerk, Faceless Void, Doom, Sven, Axe, Crystal Maiden, and Tusk. Ethereal and Prismatic gems are making a return with this Dota Plus update and every very rare Blazing Hatchling courier from the Fall treasure is coming pre-equipped with a random one of each.
Each treasure can be obtained with 10,000 Dota Plus shards.
Valve announced that it is planning to add new seasonal treasures, a seasonal terrain and new seasonal quests to Dota Plus each three months with the next season set to begin on the 1st of December, 2020. During one season, the subscribers will be able to earn up to 57,850 shards by completing the Dota Plus quests.
Dota Plus subscribers can now benefit from a new Role Assistant hero grid arrangement which automatically records the picks of every hero in Ranked Roles matchmaking and displays heroes in their most picked roles. “This data is updated automatically to highlight the latest trends and is filterable by MMR rank,” said Valve.
Additionally, several Battle Pass features have been added to Dota Plus such as:
- The Chat Wheel sound effects (e.g. Moo, Orchestra Hit) are now available by redeeming shards.
- The pull timers when holding ALT.
- The post-game healing and gold breakdowns have now merged with the existing Dota Plus damage tab.
- The Battle Pass MVP feature is now available for all players, but Dota Plus customers can earn extra shards with a new Seasonal quest.
Moreover, the Guild system brought back with the TI 10 Battle Pass was reworked to be integrated with Dota Plus. Similar to the Battle Pass guild system, everyone can join a Guild, but only the Plus subscribers can create a Guild.
Guild levels have been replaced with a weekly leaderboard of guild points earned in a given region. Once a week, guild members will receive their new guild rank and can claim Plus shards.
With this new update, Valve made the Dota Plus Shards and a limited of Plus features available to all players. However, the Seasonal treasure, Chat Wheel sound effects and Hero Relics remain Dota Plus exclusive.
Perks for all players:
- All players can now reach up to Hero Level 5 without a Dota Plus subscription. Only subscribers can reach Silver tier and above.
- All players can now earn the weekly shard reward for winning 3 matches. Non-subscribers earn 500 shards per week, while Dota Plus members earn 1000.
- The Dota Plus Rewards store has been renamed to the “Shard Shop”, and the premium hero sets, legacy hero sets, and tools are now purchasable by everyone.
- All players can now use tipping for shards.
The Guild’s weekly leaderboards will be updated at the same time every week and players will be able to claim shard rewards based on their guild ranking. The current set of rewards is:
Platinum Tier (75th Percentile or higher)
- 750 Shards per week (1,500 for Dota Plus)
- Three Caster Chat Wheels
- Includes Silver Tier Emoticons and Gold Tier Sprays
Gold Tier (50th-74th Percentile)
- 500 Shards per week (1,000 for Dota Plus)
- Three Guild Sprays
- Includes Silver Tier Emoticons
Silver Tier (25th-49th Percentile)
- 250 Shards per week (500 for Dota Plus)
- Three Guild Emoticons
- No rewards
Guild contracts will reward both guild points and shards, with all Guild members having access to one contract per day and Dota Plus subscribers having two contracts per day. Guild challenges are still completed in parties of 3+ guild members, and they earn guild points for the leaderboard position.