A November 4 update to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive brought forth a plethora of changes to the map Breach. The only changes outside of the map were related to the workshop and new users now defaulting to the Casual game mode.
Breach has seemingly been reworked with massive changes taking place all across the map including full redesigns or the removal of multiple parts of the map.
With the number of changes, many are wondering if Breach is set to be the next map to be “forced” into the competitive map pool as some are calling the move in comparison to when Vertigo was added.
You can check out a comparison video of Breach below.
While many have been hoping the renovated Cache would be the next to join the pool, this update definitely has reason to leave people wondering.
This latest version of the map is now available for play in Scrimmage mode.
CS:GO November 4 update – patch notes:
- Breach has been updated to the latest version from Steam Community Workshop and is now available in Scrimmage mode on official servers.
- Redesigned A long
- Removed entrance walls
- Removed pit
- Added blinds to A window
- Moved globe monument slightly
- Blocked access to top of SWAT van
- Replaced vents with electrical room
- Reworked cover placement
- Improved bombsite markings
- Reduced number of firing angles in mid
- Redesigned B connector
- T paths to lower and upper mid have been combined
- CTs cannot push upper mid as quickly
- Fixed unintended angles in lower mid
- Redesigned CT spawn
- Removed glass in various places
- Fixed a bug where enemies outside of B could be spotted from mid
- Replaced the wall outside of B with a chain link fence – enjoy the view!
- Improved clipping
- Fix bomb stuck spots
- Cache has been updated to the latest version from Steam Community Workshop.
- Visual improvements and visibility increases map-wide.
- Fixed FPS drops in Z caused by bad model collision mesh. (Thanks Oakz!)
- Allowed planting closer to A site fence.
- Fixed pixel-walk on A site. (Thanks ALJN!)
- Fixed bomb-stuck spot by squeaky entrance from T side.
- Allowed players to hop onto forklift without crouch-jumping.
- Fixed bomb passing through B ramp displacement. (Thanks jorba666!)
- Fixed unusual collisions for grenades at Mid Boost.
- Fixed ability to see under cover at B. (Thanks g0gerff!)
- Fixed getting stuck on ladder at Mid. (Thanks wTy_!)
- Lowered boxes in corner of A Main. (Thanks Don Haci!)
- Fixed several wallbang bugs
- Seaside is no longer available in Scrimmage mode on official servers.
- Mac10 UV map has been updated.
- Mac10 cavity map updated to fix wear pattern discrepancies.
- If you have workshop feedback please send mail to CSGOTeamFeedback [at] valvesoftware.com with [Workshop] in the subject line.
- New users will now default to Casual game mode.