Valve has released its latest update to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. The patch largely focuses on visibility improvements but also made a pretty major change on Dust2.
The doors into the B site have now been inverted, allowing players outside of B to see in toward tunnels. This will allow for a lot more retake/hold situations along with some new nade lineups and ways to approach and defend the site.
Overpass, Dust2, Mirage, Inferno, Train, and Cache were all targeted in the update as the game saw the removal of many of the “random” items strewn about the maps such as bicycles, trash piles, and more in conjunction with lighting changes and more to help improve visibility.
You can read the full patch notes below:
– Added the ‘Boost Player Contrast’ advanced video setting, which improves the legibility of players in low contrast situations.
– Adjusted some agent textures for improved visibility.
– Adjusted dropped C4 collision geometry.
– Fixed Danger Zone drone pilot camera getting stuck when drone received burn damage.
– Added Desert Eagle shell eject event for last bullet fired.
– Minor texture streaming optimizations.
– Removed large ivy-models near bathrooms by A site
– Removed thin windows in bathrooms by A site
– Removed bicycle by picnic by A long
– Brightened up connector tunnel
– Brightened up T spawn
– Added nice stone trims
– Flipped B site doors
– Simplified background when looking from B tunnels towards truck in mid
– Changed fog start distance from 1000 to 512, changed max density from .2 to .4
– Raised windows by A site ramp to make characters stand out more
– Removed trash pile at top of mid
– Trimmed plant by T spawn, towards apartments
– Boosted light in market window
– Fixed silent dropdown bug from B site balcony
– Changed angle of ladder in ladder-room
– Trimmed ivy by CT spawn towards A site arch
– Fixed CSM shadow from tower in mid
– Added new train bumper model with flat top
– Replaced ladder to sniper’s nest with a box
– Cleaned up several important angles. (Thanks LangeThorup!)
– Added 1v1 Arenas
– Replaced cargo containers with new model for improved performance
– Visibility improvements in T entrance to A Main (Thanks Slender_CS!)
– Fixed unwanted/unintuitive wallbang in Mid Shed
– Subtle color tweaks
– Various clipping fixes