Valve has released it’s latest update to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. The March 21 update is a small one but makes some significant changes to Vertigo and Abbey.
Vertigo was recently added to the competitive map pool in CS:GO matchmaking. It took the place of Cobblestone which has been out of the professional scene for some time now.
It is not expected that Vertigo will be making that leap and certainly not anytime soon, however, it is nice to see changes and new content/experiences being made available to the games’ players.
You can read the full patch notes here or below:
Release Notes for 3/21/2019
-Switched Wingman version to bombsite B
-Made white metal structures on B site slightly larger, to prevent excessive angles/boost positions
-Added some floor material variation for footstep differentiation (CT corridor to back of A, elevator room near A site, T entrance to mid)
-Lowered C4 explosion radius (from 500 to 400)
-Added grenade clip to roof props in forklift room/lower level that allowed molotovs to burn through to upper level
-Extended catwalk by top of T stairs to B
-Added more railings near A ramp
-Fixed various clipping issues and C4 stuck spots (Thanks bonna97!)
-Blocked weapons from falling into gap at bottom of A ramp (Thanks 3kliksphilip!)
-Boosted ambient light in elevator room near A site
-Removed a unintended boost on HVAC fan in B site
– Replaced pinky box
– Removed sprites from lightsticks in gate house and underpass
– Included material for spikes model near CT spawn
– Added another crate on top of the crates near ivy
– Removed flower pot near B bombsite for better visibility on retakes
– Removed flower pot under the window on A long stairs
– Removed gap between crates on B bombsite
– Removed gap between crate and gazebo on A bombsite