The Mid-Season gameplay update brought some imbalance for the Primordials Alliance and especially for Arc Warden, who for the past week has been the star of all Dota Underlords matches.
Released on the 17th of July, the previous patch buffed Arc Warden, however, what rendered the unit extremely strong, was the combo with Crystal Maiden. In today’s patch, CM remained untouched, but AW’s speed damage, mana and Tempest Double mechanic have been greatly adjusted to stop the clones spam.
Arc Warden full changelog:
- Attack Speed changed from [0.59, 0.67, 0.77] to [1.0, 1.0, 1.0]
- Maximum Mana changed from 100 to 0
- Maximum Health changed from [600, 1100, 2650] to [700, 1400, 2800]
- Gold Cost changed from 3 to 4
- Draft Tier changed from 3 to 4
- Cooldown changed from 60 to 0
- Mana Cost changed from 100 to 0
- Now reads: Arc Warden creates a copy of himself with the same health he currently has. The clone can use all of Arc Warden’s current items and will attempt to attack the same enemy as his summoner. Whenever this clone dies, Arc Warden will create a new one.
Keep in mind that his unit tier was also changed, Arc Warden is now a tier 4 piece that comes at the cost of 4 gold instead of 3.
Primordials Alliance no longer has a 10% chance to disarm the unit attacking for 4 seconds, instead, Primordials will now act as following:
2 Primordials bonus:
Enemies attacking Primordial units have a 25% chance to have their attack speed slowed by 50 each attack. This effect is applied at the start of the attack and lasts for the duration of the attack.
4 Primordials bonus:
Enemies attacking Primordials’ friendly units have a 25% chance to have their attack speed slowed by 50 each attack. This effect is applied at the start of the attack and lasts for the duration of the attack.
Another rather interesting change in today’s gameplay update is the addition of Lycan to the Hunters Alliance. The swap comes at the cost of his Warrior feature.
- Alliance changed from Human Warrior Savage to Human Hunter Savage
- Lycan’s Wolves are Hunter Savages
Other important updates are the buffs to Medusa, Clockwerk and Treant Protector, as well as several bug fixes and UI improvements. Don’t forget to read the full patch notes in-game or on the official underlords updates web page.