A preview of Dota Underlords was launched by Valve on June 13 for all those who purchased a TI9 Battle Pass. During the few days of testing, it became clear to everyone that certain synergies, alliances as they are called in the game, are way too powerful, broken even.
So far, a nearly guaranteed victory in Dota Underlords was possible only by having a Drow Ranger in the line-up or, even better, by assembling a 3 to 6 Hunters Alliance with Drow Ranger among them. As the developers are preparing to release the game in an open beta later this week, a balance patch was deployed last night where the Hunters became the Hunted.
Drow Ranger and the Hunters Alliance got nerfed as follows:
- Drow Ranger: Precision Aura now gives +10/+20/+30 Attack Speed to allies in a 1 cell radius.
- Hunter Alliance: Chance to trigger extra attack increased from 15%/25% to 20%/35%.
- Hunter Alliance: Reduced extra attacks from 2 to 1.
Another rather overpowered tool was the Black King Bar, which during the first few days of Dota Underlords was active through the duration of the entire fight. With the last night balance patch, BkB is now granting Magic Immunity for 7 seconds once the first enemy has 100% mana. BKB will activate only once per battle.
- General: Critical hits can’t miss.
- Omniknight: Purification Heal/Damage increased from 200/300/400 to 200/400/600.
- Abaddon: Aphotic Shield Absorption/Damage increased from 100/150/200 to 100/300/500.
- Ogre Magi: Bloodlust self buff increased from 30/50/70 to 35/55/75.
- Assassins: Assassins are untargettable for one frame when landing after a jump.
- Loot round drops have been adjusted to give more consistent rewards.
Apart from the balance patch, Valve have also gave three Dota Underlords extra keys to all Battle Pass owners. You can share them with your friends and embark on a long summer journey in the Dota Underlords maps.
According to the game developers, the open beta will be launched “later this week,” and eventually the game will come on mobile for iOS and Android devices as well.